Job Title: Administrative Manager
About Kachan & Co.
Kachan & Co. (www.kachan.com) is an international cleantech research and advisory firm with offices in San Francisco, Toronto and Vancouver. The company publishes research on clean technology companies and trends, offers consulting services to large corporations and cleantech vendors, and connects cleantech companies with investors through its Hello Cleantech™ (www.hellocleantech.com) programs. Kachan staff has been covering, publishing about and helping propel clean technology worldwide since 2006.
Schedule/location: Full-time, 40 hours per week at Kachan & Co. downtown Vancouver office beginning as soon as possible. There is a 3-month contract probationary period with the possibility of permanent work.
We are an energetic young company looking to add someone with excellent administrative and IT skills to support and organize our small, friendly office. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the growing clean technology sector which includes alternative and renewable energy such as solar, wind, hydropower, and biofuels; green transportation, such as electric cars; energy efficiency technologies; green chemicals; green building; and much more.
The right candidate is a critical and creative thinker who can actively contribute to the growth of the company. The position would combine routine administrative tasks with opportunities to influence and shape our programs:
- Support of ongoing programs
- Event planning assistance – venue research, catering, etc.
- Outreach and communication support
- Preparing proposals and presentations
- Supporting sales team
- Online and phone research to find contacts
- Supporting communications team
- Provide assistance with PR communication functions against goals and objectives including daily social networking, blogging, online publications, periodicals, newspapers and new communications initiatives for clients
- Computing and web support
- Maintenance of Salesforce customer relations management (CRM) database
- Design and distribution of monthly newsletters in CRM-driven email system
- Basic website maintenance
- Intranet and shared file maintenance
- Coordinating office functions for small office
- Client, media and staff meeting scheduling and coordination
- Basic accounting using QuickBooks software
- Basic HR and payroll
- Ordering of supplies and office organization
- Participation in regular and ad hoc staff meetings
- Written, telephone and face to face interactions with prospects and clients
- Temporary projects as assigned
Ideal Candidate Profile
Candidates will have a minimum of three years experience working in an office environment. Preferred candidates will have the following:
- Exceptional planning, organizational and project management skills with acute attention to detail
- Customer service experience and ability to build strong rapport with clients
- Desire to think globally and work with various cultures and backgrounds
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with juggling a range of tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic start-up environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – tact, sensitivity, ability to listen and to be assertive at times
- Ability to be discreet and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Ability to learn new skills, industry, company, product or technical knowledge with ease
- Initiative to work independently and come up with new project ideas and improvements
- Technology or environmental business experience or interest (clean technology, corporate social responsibility, environmental sustainability, etc.) a plus
- Sales, marketing and internet tool savvy (such as Salesforce CRM, Skype, Outlook, PowerPoint, videoconferencing, Internet presentations, etc.) a plus; professional public relations skills and agency experience highly desirable
- Excellent written and spoken English skills required; spoken or written Mandarin or French a plus
- Sense of humour
Competitive with salary review if made a permanent hire.
Email résumé with brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and close when hiring is complete or no later than Monday, July 30th, 2012. Note this page will no longer be accessible when a hire is made.